cualquier cosa

Maciek Jasik - Lima, Peru


I've been to Lima twice, in 1997 and 1999 and I don't remember as a terribly pleasant city; big, ugly, out of control. Still, I remember even then being taken with certain visual aspects of the place. New York based photographer Maciek Jasik has a fantastic series on the so-called Pueblos Jovenes, hastily built shanty-towns on the outskirts of Lima. Lima's perpetual fog and desert, mountainous landscape give these photos an otherworldly quality, like favelas on Mars. [via Shane Lavalette]

No comments:

Archives

May 2009 (1), Apr 2009 (2), Dec 2008 (6), Nov 2008 (15), Sep 2008 (7),


This is an informal blog to write or post about whatever catches my attention. I have two other blogs which I welcome you to check out. They are ThomasLockeHobbs.com and BuenosAiresPhotographer.com

Cheers!

Buenos Aires Blogs

Fotoblogs

Flickr

Finance